Hey there! I know it’s been a while, but I am back this pregnancy brain has taking the best of me. While getting everything ready for the baby to a soon to be pre-schooler keeping me on my toes has me going crazy! I want to tell you and let you know what is in my baby’s hospital bag the second time around. it is completely different than my first time and hopefully more useful that what was taken the first time!
My first time:
The first time I gave birth to my son I planned on going with the mind set of doing it the Vaginal way. BUT that did not happened unfortunately, hours after hours later of waiting my son wanted to make his grand entrance his way. I had to get a Cesarean, there was no way he would of been able to go through my tiny self (at the time) without any complications. So the best to get him out was to get the Cesarean. I was so nervous and scared but I knew my baby was going to come out healthy and strong. To me it didn’t matter what way he was going make enter this world, as long as he came out!
With that being said I prepared myself ahead of time I did my research on everything I could possibly think of while I was pregnant with my first. Books upon book, articles and everything about anything with giving birth. So when it came to it I was ready for anything!
Second time around:
3 years, couple of month to be 4 years later I giving birth to my second son. What a blessing, right! I had the option to do a V-back, meaning I can do it vaginaly BUT my second boy is also too big and higher chance of having to go through an Emergency Cesarean. I didn’t want to risk our health so I went ahead and made the decision with my Dr. to do another Cesarean.
Knowing that I’ve already gave birth and going through another Cesarean the way I am packing is a bit different than my first! So what’s in baby’s hospital bag the second time around? Let me tell you! Know that I did save a ton of stuff from my first at least up to his first year.
What’s in baby’s hospital bag the second time around?
I want you to know that the links I am proving are not affiliated in any way. I am just being kind and making it easier for you momma to shop!
- Diaper bag– of course you’re going to need one the one I got looks almost like the one Target has in stores and online
- Outfits and onesies- My hospital stay will be 3 nights and get to leave the next day so I am packing about 4-6 outfit and simple onesies. If you have a ROSS near you I would suggest go there! I am also taking an outfit or two that I used for my first son while at the hospital.
- Caps, mittens and socks- Definitely pack these. I packed a few to match every other outfit I also got a few from ROSS. But you can get them just about any other clothing store.
- Sleep sack- Also saved a ton of money buying these at ROSS! I didn’t get a good use of these with my first, due to the fact that he very much disliked them. But every child is different and hopefully my second will not mind much of them.
- Swaddle blankets- The hospital gives you these but having cute prints on them makes them much cuter (the blankets of course). So I went ahead and bought 3 more since I am getting a few at the hospital and I saved a few from my frist. Also, I got them from ROSS as well.
- Burp rag- I don’t remember exactly where i got these from but I’m sure you can find them online or any clothing store.
Diapers and wipes
- Butt paste or coconut oil – I got these from Walmart. I did use a bit of it on my first. I do plan on using the coconut oil when I start to do Cloth Diapers but for the first 6 weeks I plan on using disposable diapers.
- Baby wipes and diapers- I don’t remember if they gave me extra wipes but i do remember getting a good chunk of diapers for my son the first time. So just in case they give the a different brand than what I plan on using I am taking the ones I bought. I am using the diaper brands HONEST, PAMPERS and HELLO BELLO. For wipes i am using the PAMPERS, PARENTS CHOICE (Walmart brand) HELLO BELLO and the H-E-B brand.
What’s in your baby’s hospital bag?
So there you have it! I am not packing so much for the baby this time around knowing what to expect to get from the hospital stay. Check out how my baby’s gender reveal was revealed by my lovely sister! MOMx2.