Hey there! Are you making sure you aren’t missing anything to pack in your hospital bag? I want to give you a list help you out! If I remember correctly, I had no idea what I was about to go through my first delivery. It was a long 16-18 hours in labor but my son was not going to go through! So Cesarean it was. Now that I will be having a repeat Cesarean, me preparing our living space and our bags has been at ease.
Second time around
My prepping for just about everything has been an eye opener and definitely different than my first. The way I look at the clothing is different, I make sure it is going to help me with what I need during the hospital stay and after. What I am packing is completely opposite to what I did with my first delivery.
Knowing that I will be having a repeat Cesarean scares me but I know it’ll be best for my baby and myself. You ever get so nervous you just want to get it done and get it over with? Well that’s where I am at! I know I’ll be fine. I am just excited and ready to have our family complete once again.
I am staying at the hospital for 3 nights and leave the next day during the day. IF I start feeling better I might be able to leave before we make it to our 3rd night. So here is what I am packing.
- 3-4 outfits and robes. I packed dresses (Night gowns) only because I don’t want anything around my Cesarean cut. I made sure I am able to pull down or have easy access to be able to breastfeed.
- House shoes: I am taking my house shoes that I am able to just slip on and not to put much effort to put them on. But also comfortable to walk around with.
- Nursing bras: The last time I was breastfeeding my breast were sore and painful especially if they weren’t being on some kind of support. So nursing bras is a must for me.
- Empty bag for the extras you get from the hospital!
- And of course an outfit to go home with.
My husbands bag:
My husband stayed at the hospital the entire time we had to stay. I loved it, he was extremely helpful and made sure we were safe. He is also staying with us this time around. So here is what I had packed for him..
- 3 pj bottoms, shirts, shorts and undergarments
- House shoes
- Blanket and pillow
- Towels for the both of us
- Bathroom essentials for the both of us (toothpaste, toothbrush etc.)
- Phone chargers
- Going home outfit
Check it out!
I made a Checklist you can use to help you pack for a Cesarean hospital stay. I know pregnancy brain can get the best of you, I got that covered for you while I remember! Also, check out my post I made for packing for baby’s hospital bag. Don’t forget to check out my reveal! MomX2